Sweater and Sweatpants: Blush Boutique Encino, Sneakers: Michael Kors
(This post contains affiliate links and I will be compensated if you make a purchase after clicking on my links)
Everybody needs a break sometimes. Living in a big city can have it’s moments… traffic, hectic schedules, all of the excitement of LA can get exhausting at times. This weekend is perfect for my private little staycation at home. I am enjoying it so much, I feel I am resting and recharging and my mind can get a break from all the constant hustle and bustle and activity. Here is what I like to do on a real day off:
- Wear Comfortable Clothes – this is the time for loose, cozy, comfy outfits.
- Leave your to do list alone. Save it for later. It’s your time to unwind. While decluttering a cupboard or putting your desk in order might be enjoyable and necessary, I leave big projects or work alone and save it for later.
- Let someone else do the cooking. I do enjoy to cook but on a day like this I enjoy to have someone else do the job and order a takeout or have food delivered.
- Read a book or go for an online trip on your I-pad to explore something that interests you. Or maybe you just want to browse some magazines and relax.
- Create a clam and peaceful environment. Get brand new bedsheets, a new scented candle, lots of pillows….. and let yourself unwind.
- Movie time! Have a movie marathon or binge on your favorite TV show. Find movies or TV shows you always wanted to watch and binge watch it. Or re – watch your old favorites again…
- Take a long nap – get some rest – we are all a little sleep deprived. By doing so you will get rejuvenated and feel much better.
- Take a walk and breathe some fresh air. Smell the flowers and enjoy the weather.
- Spend some time by yourself, turn your phone off and let your thoughts quiet down.
- Take a long relaxing bath and pamper yourself. Turn your bathroom into a spa oasis, have a face mask, light candles and enjoy the peace and quiet.
What is your favorite staycation activity? Please share! xoxo BB