Post may contain affiliate links. Disclosure policy here
It is Sunday evening and I finished a fantastic Birthday weekend, actually it was a whole Birthday week. Starting from last Monday until today, I decided to do something special for myself each day leading up to my actual Birthday last Friday – I really had fun with it. As a child we are always so excited about Birthdays, Holidays and Celebrations, as adults this magic is often lost and we just move through those days and on with our lives. But then life consists out of memories and special moments – and it is really up to us what we make of it. So I decided to make this Birthday special – create good memories and enjoy myself.
Here are some ideas and things I did:
- Buy flowers. Not only are they gorgeous to look at and very decorative, they also let us know that we are valued and most important deserve beauty in our lives.
- Get yourself a new scented candle. They are relaxing and soothing and give us the feeling of luxury. They make us feel calm and peaceful and can have a positive effect on our mind and mood.
- Make a movie night and watch your all time favorites and have snacks and treats or a pizza party.
- Share some Prosecco with your friends/ coworkers / clients – as long as it is appropriate in your work environment of course.
- Go and buy yourself a present – because you deserve it 🙂
- Check into the spa for some serious pampering and time out. It is good to relax and check out from the daily routine to regenerate the body, mind and soul.
- Check out a new Restaurant you always wanted to visit. One of my new places this weekend was the Waldorf Astoria Rooftop in Beverly Hills and it exceeded everybody’s expectations. The view is nothing less than spectacular and it is the perfect place to enjoy Los Angeles to it’s fullest.
- Have a swanky date with a great girlfriend, great food and great conversations at one of your favorite places in town. My choice for this time was The Ivy on Robertson – you can’t beat the charming french country decor, the good food, great service and of course – the glass of champagne offered to you upon your arrival.
- Go for a delicious Sunday Brunch on a Rooftop. My friend took me to The Highlight Room in Hollywood, a lovely place with a Grill that opens at 7am daily, a pool and a lounge area – and fabulous view of the Hollywood Hills 🙂
- And don’t forget to stop and appreciate all the little things in life you like and are important to you – let work be just work for the day and focus on yourself. Create your own happy place and cherish it. It’s your Birthday after all 🙂
Have a great start into the week