Dress: Sammydress c/o; Belt: BCBG (old) – similar here and here; Sneakers: Gazelle by Adidas; Earrings: Sammydress c/o
I am up early because of Coco – he gets medicine at 5am and I have a hard time getting back to sleep afterwards. For most of my life I spent my weekends on Dance Competitions, so I did not really have to think about what to do with it… Nowadays I appreciate some time off, I need some time to recharge and unwind from the week.
Here are some of my tips for you:
- Daydream – and I mean productively daydream. Contemplate your preferred future, think about all the things you do want to happen in your life and what you can actively do about it. Focus on your needs and desires. You are taking care of other people most of the time during the week, being clear about what you want can free your mind.
- Declutter and organize something. It does not have to be the whole house at once, maybe just your desk – or your closet. Decluttering resets your mind and makes you feel accomplished.
- Work on a creative project. Whatever is interesting to you – from baking to painting – designing or making dresses, put together a picture book, create a video…. there are so many options to chose from. Just get your right brain going and let your inner muse out.
- Completely unplug from electronics. Set your smartphone aside, let Facebook and Instagram rest for the day, trust that the emails are still in your inbox on Monday. Try to enjoy the quiet and the space and time it creates for you to focus on yourself without constant artificial stimuli.
- Eat amazing food that nutritions, replenishes and recharges your body. No – not the large cheese Pizza… Go grocery shopping and buy fresh, delicious ingredients and cook an amazing meal for yourself. Or make reservations at your favorite restaurant and enjoy an amazing meal in a great atmosphere.
- Rekindle Relationships – spend time with friends and loved ones. Spending time with someone you love will leave you happy and relaxed. A great time with friends, laughter and great conversations will reset your mind and you will be ready for the week ahead.
- Get moving! Your body does not know the difference between physical and psychological stress. Your body and mind will pay the toll. Exercising is important for improving your mood and helps fight anxiety and depression. You don’t have to be in the gym for hours – even a quick walk outside will have lots of benefits.
- Try to stay away from too much alcohol. It might be fun in the moment but your body will have to detox from it the next day and work overtime to get you back on your feet. It’s hard to start a motivated and productive week on a hangover.
- Spend time with your pet. Take your doggie for a long walk, play with your cat, spend some quality time with your four legged friends. They will appreciate it like no other – their whole life revolves around you, so some extra attention and love will go a long way for them and make you happy as well.
- Go to a Dance Competition. Yes – after all these years it is still the best way to spend your weekend, you are getting so many benefits in at once and it is so much fun. Go to your local Dance Studio, start to learn and you will be ready to rock the dance floor in no time. You will have no time to worry about your week, you will move and dance, spend time with or make new friends, feel some butterflies in your stomach and realize you are alive and have an amazing time. That’s my personal best advice for you.
.. and that’s exactly what I am about to do this weekend. See you at the Holiday Dance Classic in Vegas tonight 🙂
Thank you to Sammydress for bringing you the post,
have a wonderful weekend,
2 thoughts on “10 Tips on how to Recharge this Weekend”
These are some good ideas!
These are excellent tips. I’m definitely going to try several of these this weekend!
Comments are closed.